We are glad to introduce you to one of the oldest and largest banks of Belize and assist you with opening of your bank account.
Benefits of Banking in Belize with Our Partner-Bank
- High-level confidentiality – bank secrecy in Belize is reinstated by statutes. Authorities have access to bank information in criminal tax matters where a court order is present;
- One of the oldest and largest banks of Belize, recognized among the fifty world’s best banks 2009 by Global Finance;
- Full range of payment solutions – accounts in several currencies, internet banking, international wire transfers, debit and credit cards, prepaid cards, checkbooks, merchant accounts, brokerage accounts;
- Low initial deposit requirements;
- Full operative secure Internet-banking facilities, with no need to install specific software on your personal computer;
- Wide choice of payment cards;
- Companies and clients from any country, including newly formed companies from lot-tax jurisdictions and tax havens are welcome;
- No personal visit to the bank in Belize is required to open a bank account;
- Free account application – the bank charges no fee for account opening.
Country Profile (Belize)
Official name: Belize.
Geographical location: Central America, bordered by Mexico to the north, Guatemala to the south and west and the Caribbean Sea to the east.
Capital: Belmopan. Largest city – Belize City.
Time: UTC/GMT-6, Central Time Zone.
Political status: sovereign state (independent from UK since 1981).
Legal system: based on English Common Law.
Currency: Belize Dollar (BZD). 1 BZD = 0.5 USD approx.
Member of: CARICOM, CFATF, International Criminal Court, Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), the Commonwealth of Nations, United Nations, International Monetary Fund, World Bank and Organization of American States (OAS); maintains fourteen embassies to foreign countries, one additional consulate and three missions to international organizations. Belize maintains diplomatic relations with the Republic of China (“Taiwan”) instead of the People’s Republic of China.
Offshore sector: represented by international business companies (IBC), offshore banking facilities, offshore trust business, exempt insurance business, international ship registry.
Tax Treaties and exchange of information: DTT with Austria, Switzerland, UK, CARICOM (Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago);
TIEAs with Australia, Belgium, Netherlands, UK, negotiating with: Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Aruba, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Greenland, Poland, USA.
Anti-money laundering law allows for exchange of information in criminal tax matters with all countries, if it is considered to be a criminal offence in the requesting country. However, local authorities have no direct access to banking information and details of ultimate beneficial owners. Court order is required.
Banking Profile (Belize)
Bank services: personal and business accounts; term deposits; international transfers; payment cards; chequebooks, merchant accounts, brokerage accounts;
Credit/debit card facilities: Visa & Mastercard credit cards; Visa debit card; Visa prepaid card (max load US$ 10,000 per day, US$ 25,000 per month; min – US$ 500 per load; minimum purchase value – US$ 500; max purchase value – US$ 10,000);
Currency of accounts: in USD, CAD, GBP and EUR;
Internet banking: full Internet banking facilities, with enhanced three level security, allowing for 24/7 access and operation of your account from any place in the world;
Initial deposit requirement: US$ 1,000 or its equivalent in other currencies;
Minimum monthly balance: US$ 1,000 or its equivalent in other currencies;
Account opening fee: FREE;
Monthly service fee: US$ 10.00;
Minimum balance fee: US$20.00 (occurs when account balance falls below US$1,000 or its equivalent;
Transfer of funds (credit to your account): US$ 20.00;
Transfer of funds (from your account, SWIFT): US$ 75.00 (preferred rates are offered to premium clients);
Transfer of funds (internal, per occurrence): US$ 5.00;
Undesirable types of activities: Online gaming and related activities; Dating agencies; Promotion of adult content websites and related industry; Trade of weapons and military arms; Trading of pharmaceutical products; Wholesale of mobile phones, electronic computer components, cigarettes and other tobacco products; Businesses that intend to raise funds from the public or promote multilevel marketing programs; Businesses that offer alternative payment systems, e.g. e-gold, e-cash, or plan to use the company and its bank account for offering unlicensed clearing services / third party settlements for investments and securities; Professional intermediaries that hold funds on behalf of clients; Regulated financial services (insurance brokerage, money transfer systems etc.) whereby a proper license has not been obtained.
Applications for banking from such business are considered on a case to case basis. Please always ask for pre-approval.
Account Opening Requirements (Belize)
- notarized copies of standard company documents (certificate of registration, memorandum & articles of association, registers of directors and shareholders, certificate of good standing, power of attorney if applicable);
In case of bearer share certificates, as well as for corporate directors and shareholders, please contact us for exact requirements.
- Notarized copy of passport;
- Bank reference letter with whom the relevant person has had banking relationship with for at least 2 years;
- Professional (Attorney/Accountant) reference letter with whom relevant person has had professional relationship with for at least 2 years;
- Utility bill showing place of residence.
All documents must be in English or with official translation into English.
These documents are required from each authorized person, director and shareholder.
Personal visit to the Bank in Belize: not required; at your discretion.
Offshore Banking Packages
You can choose from the following options:
Bank account opening consultation (US$ 250) covers a comprehensive consultation on choosing an offshore bank, available services, fees and charges of a particular bank, account opening procedure and due diligence requirements of that particular bank, pre-approval of the client’s personal documents to be submitted to the bank, assistance with preparation of bank applications, guidance and recommendations for successful application, introduction of the client to the bank.
Premier Introduction Package (US$ 600, recommended) covers the above and full range of account opening services, day-to-day communication with the bank and support of the account opening procedure until the account is approved and activated.
To initiate the account opening process, please click on the below button, and we will send you all further information.